Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Day Like Any Other...

Four months into my 60th year on the planet I've decided to blog...to write about the next act in my life...the joy and challenge of being the mother of a 12-and-a-half year-old daughter...the life of a wife...and the curiosity of a kid who's at the beginning of the 6th Decade.  So, for today, which is a day like most others at work and at home, I'll be brief as I figure out my path through social media, social security, and senior citizenship.  Hope someone will join me on the journey.  I know you're out there.

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear. I look forward to your insights and stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. January was my 60th BD, also! It is just a number and how you feel and perceive yourself is what really counts. My mom is 90, and my brother is always telling her to act her age! She still thinks she is able to do chores and activities of a much younger self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, the big 60--seems more of a milestone than 50--starting to tip the years over. And that's the rub--it IS only a number and we are basically more active and healthier at this age than previous generations and so we don't fixate about it so much. But it is a milestone and it strikes me how fast we got to 60 without thinking about it so what does that mean for the future as we continue to try and cram so much of life in every day. We moved in this house 16 years ago and it seems like last year--then I think, if the next 16 go as fast I'll be what????? So for me that's the glitch, not to get consumed or held back by the number itself but to know that life isn't going to slow down for me to absorb all I want to so I have to make sure that I make it all count and let those I love know how important they are to me.

    ReplyDelete