Monday, April 29, 2013

Pollen Count


Welcome to spring and the coughing, watery eyes and ticklish throats caused by that wonderful yellow stuff from flora and fauna.
My spring allergies are certainly in bloom right now and all the over-the-counter remedies are useless:  I’ve moved through Claritin to Allegra and now to Zyrtec, but I’m still producing semi-automatic rounds of sneezing and hacking coughs that sound tubercular.

In the spirit of the season, and while I pop a lozenge into my mouth – Halls Sugar Free Citrus seems to be the only thing that helps this time of year – I thought I’d share with you a short list of things (n no particular order) that give me hives and other allergic reactions at this moment in time:

·         Anything having to do with Justin Bieber.  Please god, can’t he just go to college already?

·         Twitter.  I’m sorry, I just don’t get it.

·         Conan O’Brian at the White House correspondents’ dinner.  I’m sorry, I just don’t get him.

·         Mitch McConnell – Mr. President, I wouldn’t have a drink with him either.

·         Nicki Minaj, my darlings.

·         Ryan Seacrest.  In fact, anything having to do with American Idol this season.

·         Fox News.

·         My 401 K balance. Enough said.

·         Cancellation of Nashville or Smash, my only 2 reasons for still watching network TV.

·         The reality that one day I’ll have to stop 2-process coloring my hair.

What’s on your list?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment