Monday, June 9, 2014

10 Things I'd like to do This Summer

The lazy, hazy days of summer are nearly upon us…a good time, it strikes me, to allow my goal-oriented self the luxury of compiling a “to do” list.  So, herewith, my objectives this summer:

1.       Lose 20 pounds (LOL)

2.       Read the 6 books in my iBook library that are sitting, unread

3.       Enjoy quality time with my daughter that doesn’t involve shopping at Aeropostale, Abercrombie or American Eagle

4.       Enjoy quality time with my husband that doesn’t involve watching “Top Gear” or Formula One racing on ESPN or NBC’s cable sports station

5.       Get at least 1 massage (enough said)

6.       Successfully make French Onion soup from a complicated recipe in my large coffee-table book, The Art of French Country Cooking

7.       Begin – and finish -- a bathroom remodel (Ummm, this won’t happen.  But I can wish.)

8.       Learn how to play the guitar (I’m already on page 14 of “How to Teach Yourself to Play the Guitar” – and I haven’t even watched the DVD!)

9.       Relax at our cabin (not so easy when you have to clean it thoroughly whenever you leave because it’s “for sale”)

10.   Relax at the beach  (not so easy when your daughter brings 2 friends and the beach we’re staying at doesn’t have a life guard)
Even though this list seems a wee bit whiny, I’ll enjoy trying to tick off every one of the items, succeed or no.

I’ll keep you posted.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment