Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Fleeting Thoughts







It’s been a hectic week or so for Mrs. Sedd with business travel, my detox diet, issues involving my very infirm parents and upcoming travels weighing heavily on my time and attention.  That said, I did want to report on several things:

1.      For those of us lucky enough to have one, spouses are a really good thing.  They love you unconditionally, comfort you completely, and occasionally even drive the carpool for you.

2.     Colleagues are among life’s many blessings. While walking to an appointment in Chicago yesterday, a colleague from our New York office started to tell the tale of leaving her wedding ring in a hotel – and the word “ring” made me look at my hands and notice, holy crap, I left mine on the bed of my "just-checked-out-of" hotel.  I ran back to the hotel, grabbed the concierge and recovered my rings before they were lost to me forever.  I gave a $20 tip to the tiptop concierge who really deserved more.  As for my colleague, it’s drinks at the place of your choice when next you’re in D.C.!

3.      13 is a pretty awesome year for my girl.  She is lovely, funny and terribly, terribly sweet.  I'm so lucky to have her in my life.

4.       My 28-day detox has been a life changer.  Hooray for my green juice in the morning!  Hooray for my non-gluten energy level!  Hooray for my ability to get through the day without caffeine! And for all you cattle out there?  I realize now that I never much liked you.  [But I still love cheese, however.  And butter.  And ice cream.  Sigh. All things in moderation.] When I get back from the land of drinks with umbrellas in them, I will recommit to most of my new dietary ways. 

See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment