Thursday, November 21, 2013

Post-Birthday Fatigue Disorder





I have been suffering from PBFD since last Saturday. 

My daughter’s launch into the teenage years was a huge success, including the “whipped cream pie in the face" event.  But after managing through an 18 hour birthday sleepover shift (with approximately 6.5 hours of restless sleep included in that time frame), I spent virtually all Sunday afternoon recovering from the festivities by sleeping and reading the New York Times in one of our living room easy chairs, getting up only to quench my thirst with a cold glass of water or Diet Coke. 

You’d think approximately 4 hours of being stationary and/or (for one of those hours) asleep would have accelerated my recovery  -- but no.  I really am getting old.
So this weekend, I am taking it relatively easy (other than to do battle at the nearest Whole Foods for possession of a 16 pound, fresh and "Free Range" turkey) in order to be rested and ready for Thanksgiving at my parents’ home next week.  I’m cooking for 8 and, actually, I love making Thanksgiving dinner while watching the Macy’s Parade in the morning…. 

I will likely be AWOL from this blog until after the holiday, so I wish you the joy and comfort of friendship, family and food – the truly wonderful ingredients for a happy Thanksgiving.
Gobble, gobble.  Count your blessings.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment