Friday, July 12, 2013

Things I Love Today









As another work week comes to a close and I contemplate the weekend ahead, I thought I would celebrate life by sharing with you just a few things that I love today, this very day. So here goes:

1.       My daughter’s pale pink, sheer and very “on trend” camp shirt – one of the 7 similar shirts she bought for nearly $100 without my permission when she went shopping at Marshall’s with a friend and her mother.  Of course, she has good taste so I forgave her just so long as she never does it again.

2.       My iPad – because I literally can’t live without it anymore.

3.       Neil Gaiman’s new novel, The Ocean at the End of the Lane -- it reminds me of A Wrinkle in Time, probably one of my favorite books as a kid.  And it’s spooky good reading for tweens and/or their parents.  Here’s to family reading hour!

4.       Midget-sized Twix candy bars -- there is always a jar of miniature chocolates filled regularly throughout the day in my office’s little “coffee house” space where employees mix and mingle (about work, of course!).  Boy, Twix are wicked good.  I try not to haunt that jar too often during the day.

5.       Summer – especially July.  I’m not a huge fan of August because by that time I’m so done with the heat and humidity of the season and I’m ready to sprint toward the end-of-year holidays. However, July is pretty great:  hot but not horrible, slower-paced than June, better commuting traffic to and from work and not as many mosquitos when I sit outside with a glass of wine at the end of a long day. Sweet.

6.       Vacation – it’s coming at the end of July and I can’t wait.  Six beach days.  Heaven.

7.       My treadmill – I’ve reacquainted myself with the joys of 20-30 minutes of treading first thing in the morning and I’m happier for it.  We’ll see how long that lasts!

8.       Big Bang Theory -- funny, funny, funny, all the time.  I know I’ve said this to you before, but this show is LOL, and I can’t say that about too many things on TV or in life these days.

9.       This blog – I can’t tell you how much I enjoy writing to you and even sometimes for you…although, truth be told, these little missives have the effect on me of the best retail therapy ever – and that’s saying something.

10.   My family – always and every day.  Including my grumpy dad.

Hope you appreciate or share at least one of the things you love today, too.  And that is my “happy weekend” wish for you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment