Monday, September 23, 2013

10 Things My Husband Can Do During the Government Shutdown








If you follow Mrs. Sedd’s ramblings, than you may remember that my husband is a government lawyer. Given the possibility that the whacko House Republicans will force our government to close in the next week, I’ve been trying to give some thought to things my husband might want to consider doing to fill his time at home.
Herewith, I offer just a few small suggestions for my better half to fight off boredom; I know he would do the same for me.  Smile.

1.       Powerwash our house.  White houses do get dirty.  Really.

2.       Clear out the gutters.  Just that time of year, I’m afraid.

3.       Clean out the shed.  We pretend it’s a garage but it really is a shed, stuffed with 4 bicycles, an adult motor scooter, a tween’s motor scooter, yard tools, a huge old rug, dog stuff, paint cans…you get the picture. 

4.       Declutter the guest room.  AKA David’s dressing room, enough said. (PS--I’m happy to help with this; the couple that cleans together screams together!  That's what I always say....)

5.       Declutter the other guest room.  AKA David’s study.  (Ditto.)

6.       Paint the guest room.  White walls are so yesterday. (And I'll help!)

7.       Paint the study.  Anything is better than white in that room.

8.       Deforest our backyard.  Actually, I better get a yard service in to do that; the poison ivy is as high as corn!

9.       Expand his kitchen repertoire from jar spaghetti sauce to jar spaghetti sauce with meat in it.

10.   Take a nap. 

Happy Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment