Monday, September 16, 2013

Gray Matter Monday







Mondays are always tough days to kick the brain into gear.  Because I don’t have any one thing on my mind today, I’ll share with you a little bits of what's lingering there as weekend “leftovers.”  I suggest that you read this post after a) having too much coffee b) having too much sleep or c) having a glass of wine or a beer so that the post's insignificance is diminished because you are still reading it, after all, therefore conferring some modicum of significance to it.
(See what I mean?  It’s tough getting the gray matter to work on Monday.  Like throwing spaghetti on the refrigerator, eh?)

Assuming you’re still with me:

The Chicago Bulls won this weekend so my husband was in a good mood.
Larry Summers is not destined to be the next Fed Chairman which may or may not be a good thing.  He may be obnoxious but he is smart, and when it comes to money, I’ll take smart anytime.

Hillary Clinton picked up yet another honorary degree last week.  She is very smart, too, only more likeable than Larry Summers, I guess.  Or so I'm told.
It will stop raining in Colorado soon. Thank god.

Americans love horror stories.  This weekend, Insidious:  Chapter 2, a low budget horror movie, made $41M at the U.S. movie box office, while Stephen King’s sequel to The Shining, Doctor Sleep, got a very good and creepy review in the New York Times.  I’ll take a pass on the movie (I HATE scary movies and always have), but I will read the book because The Shining so thoroughly creeped me out in one of those I know I’ll have nightmares tonight but I can’t put this book down ways.
My daughter volunteered to do 2 hours of homework on Saturday afternoon.  Really.  Yes, really.

You probably won’t hear from me again until later this week because duty (I mean, working for a living) calls, requiring the bulk of my attention and gray matter activity for the next few days. 
Be careful out there!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment