Monday, December 23, 2013

Silent Night



I know it’s been a little quiet lately in the world of Mrs. Sedd@Sixty.  Wrapping up the year at work and wrapping up the presents for the tree have taken most of my time, attention and energy (that, and going to 1 or 2 movies during the last week…and I’m just getting started!).

My daughter and I are now both on vacation and my husband isn’t far behind.  Not much planned in the days ahead except family, friends, food and film, as far as I can tell, and that’s how I like it during this time of year. 
As I contemplate numerous tween sleep overs that will likely occur at my house during the next 2 weeks -- while my husband watches football, attacks his daily crossword puzzle, and I catch up on Netflix and Orange is the New Shade of Black -- please know that my little respite from this blog is just "percolation" time… thinking about what to share about life and the world as I know it in the year ahead.

I expect you will next hear from me when the New Year begins.  I will make a list of resolutions and maybe I will reveal them to you.  I will certainly do something stupid in the next 2 weeks at some point, and I'll likely want to memorialize it so I can learn from it and you can enjoy a knowing laugh.  (Never too old to do that.) But in the meantime, you have my heartfelt thanks for taking this blog journey with me these past 9 months; it's been thrilling to know you're out there and, from time to time, invite me into your consciousness. 

So for now, I send you best wishes for a blessed holiday with those you love as well as for a happy, healthy and productive new year ahead.  I'll see you on the other side of 2013.
Merry Christmas and here’s to 2014.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment