Thursday, February 27, 2014

Random Thoughts






Some days I don’t have anything particularly engaging or insightful to share with you, and today’s one of them.  So absent something worth writing more than a few lines about, here’s what’s going on in my brain (and as you’ll see, it isn’t much).

1.       I love online shopping – even when the stuff arrives and it doesn’t fit.  I’ve had really good luck finding summery tops and dresses, etc., online and on sale for our spring break trip to St. Lucia.  My search for the perfect anything seems more focused when I do it online…and I seem to spend less money, too.  Go figure.

2.       It’s a beautiful, sunny day in the neighborhood – and it’s also f-ing cold.  Enough!!

3.     True Detective on HBO is truly dark (I mean, really dark) and utterly compulsive.  Sunday night is the last episode, but binge watching is available through On Demand for those who have Fios service.  Highly recommended.

4.      I’m going to “Let It Go” and see Frozen now that it’s on On Demand, too.  I wanted to see it in the theatre but my daughter didn’t want me to go with her – too embarrassing – for her, not me.  Harrumph. Who said a 61-year-old gal doesn’t need a Disney princess moviegoing experience from time to time?

5.     Even though we have an accountant whom we’ve worked with for some time now, I hate income taxes.  I hate collecting the paperwork, I hate organizing the paperwork, I hate bugging my husband to give me his paperwork, and I hate putting the paperwork in folders and taking it to the accountant.  I especially hate it when he tells me how much we owe.

6.       As I journey through the process of detoxifying my body of all evil in the realm of food and drink, I am discovering that vegan cooking can be very, very tasty.  And fun to make, which is much appreciated at the end of a long day.

7.       I’m a lucky woman.  And my husband is a lucky man.

8.       My daughter is definitely a teenager now.  And although she doesn't think so most of the time, she’s lucky, too.

9.       Nope.  Nothing much else on my mind.

See you next week, if not sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment