Monday, May 13, 2013

The Report Card

Welcome to my Mother’s Day report card for 2013.

1.       Reading:  My husband knows me like a book -- roses, a fine meal out on Saturday evening, and 2 bottles of wine.  I was originally annoyed about the wine (on Mother’s Day??) but then I thought about it a bit…

Grade:  B (until I taste the wine, I’m grading tough.  Plus, no jewelry.)


2.   Writing:  From my daughter, an original poem.  Happy Mommy sigh.

       Mom
      Lovely, helpful
      Cleaning, working, laughing
      Every time I need help, she is always there for me
    
      My silly champion.

      Grade:  A+++
3.   Math:  The blessing of another Mother’s Day with my 85-year-old mom who yesterday was pretty sharp and so happy to be with 2 of her 3 granddaughters.
       Grade:  A+++
 
4.   Art:  Making pizza with my daughter, dough and all!
      Grade:  A for effort, B+ for execution (The pizza could have cooked a little longer)

5.    Science:  Yes, my oven is filthy.  Self-cleaning clearly overdue!!
       Grade:  D (but only because it still works)

Overall grade:  A+ 
Comments on 2013: 
A wonderful celebration, all in all.  But I better clean that bloody oven before I set the house on fire.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment