Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Ying and Yang: Wednesday Edition





Here’s to “hump day” – the perfect time to reflect on the good and bad of recent days with an eye towards the future and Friday, whichever comes first.

So, drum roll please…for the “Ying” of things on a Wednesday….

       1.  Payday, today.  Hooray.

       2. Monthly “early release” Wednesdays at my daughter’s school – a lovely excuse to take the afternoon off!

3.       Are You Game?, a 2011 Chardonnay from Victoria, Australia.  Nice and crisp, not “oak-y” – just how I like it.  (As an aside for those who follow my blog:  this “white” has brought my husband’s Mother’s Day Report Card grade up to a A-)

4.     Leo DiCaprio.  Oooh-lala, he is a GREAT Gatsby in every sense of the word....and he just raised nearly $40 million at an art auction he organized for his environmental foundation.  A very cool guy.

5.       Weight Watchers.  Because it gives me hope.  

However, for every “ying” there is usually a “yang”…

1.       Credit card bills due…like yesterday.

2.       Early release day.  Because it’s not every day.

3.       Bordega Tamari Reserve 2011, a Malbec from Mendoza, Argentina.  I know it’s good for me in moderation (did I really say that?) and quite smooth, but I’m not that big a fan of “red” other than Pinot Noir.  (My husband’s Mother Day grade point average slipped to a “B+”)

4.       Leo DiCaprio.  Why Django Unchained? (Although you were good in it, what little I saw through the hands covering my eyes...) 

5.       Too many points = too few pounds.  Those who practice Weight Watchers understand this.

 Until tomorrow.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment