Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tween to Teen




I don’t need a birthday to tell me that my tween has become a teen.

The school year is over, and summer school is a week away.  We’ve haven’t scheduled a camp for the week, and I've taken most of the week off, so it’s just my girl and me at home with nothing but time on our hands.  And where is she?
In bed.

She spent all yesterday in bed – in fact, enjoyed all 3 meals in bed – while she watched endless episodes of Zoey 101, Witches of Waverly Place, House of Anubis, and The Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan  (when she was innocent and adorable) for the 1,259 time.  Between episodes, any down time was filled in with Face Time.  Of course.
Today, I have a nice day planned for us – a movie excursion, girls’ lunch out, and maybe even a side trip to her favorite clothing store – and where is she?

In bed.

My daughter has never been a late-to-rise girl, but I know how important snooze time is for brain development, so I’m tip-toeing around the house in order not to disturb her.  However, if this is what the entire week has in store, I may just go back to bed too.
“Honey, can you make us some dinner?  My girl and I are pretty catching up on our beauty sleep.”

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Hey, I’m getting the hang of this.  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment