Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Non-Essential Man Around the House




Although he couldn’t have planned for it -- even if he did predict it a few weeks ago -- my lovely husband is just another non-essential government employee on a “shutcation” this week.

As those who read me from time to time know, I suggested a few things my beloved could do to occupy himself during the shutdown showdown that Tea Party Republicans were so keen to have.   This list included decluttering the guest bedrooms, a bit of yard work, some interior painting, that sort of thing.

Mr. Sedd took my little list a little seriously, so I’d like to give a quick progress report on his efforts to do some kind of work on Day #1 of the US Government Shutdown of 2013:

I proposed that perhaps our shed needed some TLC with respect to the overstuffed nature of that property and, well, the inability to get anything in or out of it without risk of losing life or limb.
Update:  My wonderful husband not only cleared and reorganized the too many items in said shed, but he took items to the Goodwill Store which, as Martha Stewart likes to say, “is a very good thing.”  We get a little tax deduction slip, and an unknown shopper gets a Karastan rug (among other things) for pennies on the dollar.  Not too bad.

I suggested that my husband work on his culinary skills during his little unpaid vacation courtesy of Ted Cruz (who, god willing, will get his own unpaid vacation from the Senate the next time he’s up for reelection).

Update:  My daughter and I were treated to Crisp and Juicy Salvadorian Chicken at Chez Sedd last night…and a fine take-out meal it was, too!

I had 10 tasks for my dearest and he has made significant progress on 1 of them but gets bonus points for feeding his family.  Given the current state of politics in Washington, D.C., there will clearly be more updates to come from me.
 Stay tuned.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment