Thursday, October 10, 2013

Things I'm Not Going to Write about Today








As you know, I’ve been a tad obsessed with the U.S. government shutdown and the Tea Party lunatics in the House of Representatives for the past week or so.  While it looks like our political leaders are crawling in the direction of a solution, I remain pretty skeptical that much can be accomplished as long as this bunch is in office….

But I think you need a break today from all my negativity – and so do I – so here’s what I’m not going to do:

·         I’m not going to say mean things about John Boehner.  I’ll just think them instead.

·         I’m not going to speculate on issues of global and personal financial disaster.

·         I’m not going to bug my husband about the things on my list he hasn’t accomplished during his nearly 2-week “shutcation.”  As you know, St. David has been busy casting the snakes out of our house!

·         I’m not going to scold former Republican congressman and big-time US cable TV personality Joe Scarborough for being a loud-mouth bully, a flip-flopper or an insincere egoist (even if I think he’s all of the above) despite the fact I’m really starting to lose patience with him and his morning program.

·         And I’m not going to castigate the “Know Nothing” fiscal geniuses of the Republican Caucus for unnecessarily costing our Treasury up to $300M a day. (Way to go, guys!)
 Instead, I’d like to use what little hold I still have on your attention to celebrate my wonderful husband, as he approaches another 39th birthday.  My life is better every single day because he’s in it.

So I’ll see you next week after the holiday, during which time I hope to celebrate Columbus Day by cooking a pretty good meal and a birthday cake for the man I love.
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment